Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The Elected coming to the Troubadour May 17 in support of new album

The Elected are pleased to announce the first confirmed live dates in support of the band’s upcoming release Bury Me In My Rings, due out May 17th on Vagrant Records. The band will unveil new material to audiences in Los Angeles on May 17th at the Troubadour and in New York City on May 24th at the Mercury Lounge. Produced and recorded by frontman Blake Sennett (Rilo Kiley guitarist and co-songwriter) with help from Bright Eyes’ Mike Mogis, Jason Cupp and longtime Elected contributors Mike Bloom, Bury Me In My Rings is The Elected's third full-length release, and first on Vagrant. The result is a thoughtful and deliberate pop album layered with soulful harmonies and a sunny disposition, and is easily The Elected’s most impressive work to date. The band released its previous albums, Me First (2004) and Sun, Sun, Sun (2006) on Sub Pop Records. After another Rilo Kiley album and tour, followed by an extended break, Blake had retired from music, or so he thought. Tucked away from the limelight, and amidst a soul-search-inducing home renovation project, Blake decided it was time to make a record. "I find that with records, I always have the strongest feelings about my most recent work," says Sennett. "Sometimes it sucks; other times I made my favorite record. This time, I can safely say it's my favorite." Bury Me In My Rings will be released on May 17th via Vagrant Records. Expect to see additional live dates announced in the coming weeks. http://www.facebook.com/theelectedband www.myspace.com/theelected

No comments: