Friday, May 30, 2008

End o' week musings

For a quiet week, it sure flew by! Memorial Day Weekend I devoted to family and friends, hanging out with my mother, Zaynah and my friend Byron. I also went to the Sunday Salon at McGinty's Art Gallery at the End of the World.

The vibe there was super cool and the food, served up by Cliff, was yummy! I perused the work by a nice selection of artists and ended up buying some blue/green raku tiles from David Lovejoy.

On Monday I caught the latest Indiana Jones flick. It wasn't the best of the series, but it was satisfying. I was also quite thrilled with Harrison Ford- he looks so good, healthy, in shape and hasn't lost the spark that makes his character a fave.

The remainder of my week has been busy with a happy doctor's visit- I'm doing well, yay! - and practicing for my next big show, which is on June 7. Here's the skinny while I have your attention:

MECDA's Belly Dance Carnival
Event: 11:30 a.m.-8 p.m. Saturday, June 7 and 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Sunday, June 8
My performance: 2:50 p.m. Saturday Gypsy Camp stage
Santa Anita Park (Racetrack)
285 W. Huntington Drive
Arcadia
$17 adults and $7 seniors and children age 12 and under



There will be two stages with continuous performances, live music, vendors, ethnic and American food and more. See a wide range of belly dance styles- Cabaret, Egyptian, Tribal, Fusion, etc. And don't miss me - Almase Arabesque http://www.almasearabesque.com/ - we'll have our swords in tow and are going to do two of our most fun and funky choreographies.

This weekend seems peaceful, but you know I'll find some trouble somewhere. The rest of the week will be devoted to preparing for the big dance day.

Photos we got 'em: Enjoy this photo of my new friend Maria. She lives in New York and is into motorcycles like me- isn't she a cutie?! And of course a couple of pet picks for you too.

In rotation this week: Everygrey, Brides of Destruction, Judas Priest, Tribe of Gypsies, Wreck N Sow, The Trade, Jessy J and a bit of this and that across the board.

Thought of the week: Rest, family and friends. It's funny how good I felt on Tuesday. I was fully refreshed and I felt that I had spent time with many of the important people in my life, so I was quite satisfied emotionally as well. As you know, I like to keep busy and I especially like to get out in the clubs to catch my favorite bands and new acts too. But there's something about taking time to "unplug" from all my craziness and just letting time flow without a rush or a must-do list. It's also good for the soul when you spend time with those who are closest to you. Still, a little adventure always does me wonders too... But consider taking time to just be and then some time to chat with someone you love~ you'll be better for it!

Keep on rockin'
Mickie

No comments: